The definition of plaster is as follows – it is a finishing layer, which is formed after the healing of the building mixture. It’s used to apply to a infested surface (concrete, brick, wood) of an erected structure and allows you to attain a rough leveling of these walls. The layer can reach several centimeters.
There are two large groups of plaster:
And in the event the first serves just as a base layer, which is then going to be applied concluding, then the cosmetic is used as the final layer. The mixture is protected from most of negative environmental variables and lets you make a beautiful texture on the surface. But since we wish to know what the distinction between a simple plaster and putty, we won’t touch the cosmetic mixes. To summarizethe decorative mixes differ in their arrangement, their granularity is greater, and their plasticity is significantly less.
Regular plaster has been divided into different forms, depending upon the Primary component in the essay:
- The option of plaster is dependent upon the material from which the walls are created. By way of example, brick or concrete walls are completed with cement compositions. But lime compositions will match walls made from silicate.
Previously, plaster mixes based on clay proved quite common. It is very good to decorate and decorate wooden buildings. However, its performance attributes aren’t happy. Since the price of this product is reduced, plaster is used for finishing agricultural buildings.
To reach a coarse leveling appropriate compositions of its own production. All these are cement-sand combinations, and compositions of lime and similar components. They are mixed with water. It is these mixes are ideal for residential buildings placed in areas where there is a good deal of sound (train stations, airfields, houses near stadiums, etc.).
The major difference between plaster and putty is that the thickness of the coating applied. According to the technologies, plaster is allowed to employ both a thin layer (a few mm) and a thick 1 (more than 1 cm). The application process itself may be divided into various stages:
- The method of spraying or sketching. Spattering is performed by way of a mechanical tool. The process is fast and simple. Sketching is done manually using a trowel or master. The most important intention is to smooth out any imperfections from the wall, creating a base coating of fixation on the surface.
- After plastering or screeding, then it is necessary to employ a smoothing layer. It may be a couple of layers. It will help to build up the depth of the coating on the walls and also to stretch the plane. And to raise adhesion, a primer is used.
- The covering coating. It’s the last. Many times, rather than this putty is applied to the prepared surface. This will allow you to create an even and smooth arrangement. Sometimes you need masterprofnastila.ru exactly this property. And how long should plaster warm before puttying? Everything depends on the form of composition. This may be found out to the packaging from the products.
- It ends up that the putty about the final plaster is a common thing. It’s permitted to employ putty, additionally, it must even be carried out.
Considering that the leveling layer could be thick, then the technologies of applying plaster requires the usage of beacons and net. Beacons – manuals, thanks to which a layer of any thickness is accessed evenly and without differences across the length of the wall. Beacons form a section where plaster is stretched by means of a rule. And the mesh used for reinforcement between layers prevents plaster from cracking, extending and coming from the surface.
According to the definition, a putty is a paste-like or powdery material used prior to the application of confronting material in interior decoration. They permit you to have a perfectly flat surface, smooth and of high quality, which can be painted or taped with binders.